Nanyang Polytechnic

Ambassadorial Team

Community Service // Leadership Development // Facilitation

[IMPRINTS] LSDW 2017


I've always wondered when I'll be able to apply the numerous English grammar rules and complex Mathematics equations that I've learnt in school to real life.



Not long ago, I've had the opportunity to attend the Life Skills Development Workshop held by A-Team and EMcee club, designed to help achieve all-roundedness and learn useful life-long skills.

From the time management talk by A-Team, I've learnt how to manage my time wisely by not multi-tasking and concentrating on the work to be done. Moreover, writing a to-do list and putting away all distractions helps to complete the work faster too.

Besides time management, there was also a public speaking talk by the EMcee club. Having a positive mind-set, preparing and taking note of posture are some ways to help boost confidence when speaking in public. One of the most memorable tips for public speaking was to “just do it”.

As Ricky Williams once said, “There's more to life than success, and if you can try to be more well-rounded, you'll be able to enjoy your success more. It won't own you or control you.”

Even though it was just talk which lasted for a few hours, I've definitely learnt a lot that I can apply in real life. There's so much that you can learn when you listen.

Written by: Yong Xin (Probation Ambassador)

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment